How old is the ship?
Built in 1883 for oyster harvesting, Christeen was restored in 1999 and became the flagship of The WaterFront Center.
How many people does the boat hold?
The boat holds 24 passengers, two crew members, and one captain.
Where do we board the boat?
Standard private charters leave from The Waterfront Center, 1 West End Avenue, Oyster Bay, NY 11771.
- Where do we park?
There is parking directly in front of The WaterFront Center offices. There is also parking available in the Town of Oyster Bay, Western Waterfront parking lot in front of The WaterFront Center. Parking at Beekman Beach is reserved for Town Residents with a parking permit only and closes at sundown. (Not advised for passengers any Sunset Cruises after 6:00pm)
HOW TO BOOK
- 1) Call (516) 922-7245 or email FD@TheWaterFrontCenter.org
Our team will guide you through the charter reservation process and help you create a memorable experience for you and your guests.
- 2) Reserve your charter date & time
Private charters must be booked in advance. Reservations fill up fast and we recommend that you book at least two weeks in advance. You can provide us with several dates, and we can inform you of the availability of the vessel. If you would like to book a cruise after 6:00 pm, availability is limited to Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings. We hold our public Sunset Cruises on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6pm-8pm.
$850 minimum 2 hours
$250 each additional hour
- 3) Choose your departure location & set your course
Our captains are excited to take you on an unforgettable voyage. Let us know of any points-of-interests you and your guests would like to sightsee along your cruise. Leave from our dock or let us pick you up at yours! We can organize customized voyages outside our normal routes but may require additional fees and/or time to organize. If you have no preference, our captains will choose a route at their discretion.
- 4) Finalize pricing. Payment is required in full
Our team will prepare a comprehensive invoice and your reservation will be finalized upon full payment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I bring food and drink onboard?
Yes! We simply ask you leave the boat how you found her.
- What is the minimum age of a child who can come aboard Christeen?
Children must be three (3) years of age.
- How many passengers are allowed aboard Christeen?
A total of 24 passengers, in addition to captain and crew is allowed aboard during the sail
- Can we be pick-up and/or dropped off at our dock?
Yes! Christeen can travel to you, if arranged in advance. Your sail and cost must include the time Christeen travels to and from your dock location.
- What is Christeen’s availability like for private charters?
Availability is first come, first served. If you know the date and time you would like call right away!
What if it rains?
Christeen goes out in a light drizzle; only the WFC may cancel a scheduled sail.
Is there a good place for guests to hang out/ sit before or after their tour?
Yes! People can gather at the gazebo or beach before the sail. Do keep in mind these are available to the public and are first come first served.
Are there places for people to sit?
Yes, there are benches and seating for about 10 – 14 people aboard the boat. There is also room on the cabin tops for service trays, food, and drink.
Can Christeen accommodate wheelchairs?
Yes. She can accommodate non-motorized wheelchairs. Please give staff advanced notice.
Will Christeen fit at another dock?
Christeen has a draft of about 3 feet due to a centerboard and a deck length of 40 feet.
How fast does she motor?
Roughly 5-6 knots - max.
What is the cancellation policy for programs including Christeen sails?
- • If you cancel more than two weeks in advance, you will receive a full refund.
- • If you cancel between four and fourteen days in advance, no refund is issued, but you may reschedule without penalty.
- • If you cancel within three days of the scheduled date (i.e. less than 72 hours), you may not receive a refund or the opportunity to reschedule – unless appropriate documentation can be provided such as a doctor’s note.
What if the weather is bad?
- • Cancellations due to weather are at the sole discretion of The Waterfront Center.
- • The Waterfront Center reserves the right to cancel due to weather up to and including scheduled sail times, but we will give as much advanced notice as possible.
- • In the event of a weather cancellation, you may choose a refund or to reschedule your date.