The WaterFront Center Serves The Public
We serve recreationalists and students of all ages by encouraging fun, adventure, awareness
and preservation of our marine environment.
Some interesting facts and stats about the WaterFront Center from 2012:
- 7,320 children and adults participated in Marine Education Programs.
- 3,800 people sailed on Christeen enjoying public harbor tours, educational cruises and private charters.
- 482 youths attended one, two and four-week summer programs learning how to sail, fish, kayak, seine, sniggle, and discover the wonders of the local marine environment.
- Over 900 adults participated in our learn-to-sail programs, racing programs and our US Sailing Certification Courses.
- 195 Nassau Community College students in partnership with the WFC took our learn to sail class.
- WaterFront Center's keel boats were rented over 400 times.
- Over 1,500 people paddled WFC Kayaks & SUP boards.
- Over 50 volunteers helped prepare boats, crew on Christeen, serve on the Board of Directors, organize mailings, raise funds, and many other valuable tasks.
- The WFC's total revenues for 2013 are projected as: $1.04 million.
- The operating budget for 2013 is projected as: $1.04 million.
- 75% of the projected 2013 budget will come from program revenues.
- 25% of the 2013 projected revenues will come from fundraising and donations.